Saturday, November 27, 2010

Christmas origami

Even Steve isn't immune to my Christmas bug. Yesterday he made some awesome origami Christmas trees and Santa Clauses using wrapping paper. I bought the paper new ($2.00) for the extra colour it will add to our decoration-ing, so, not-so environmentally friendly but I'm determined to try and save as much as I can this year so Steve can make more beautiful origami!




While on the topic of wrapping paper (and Japanese craftiness), I found a great, eco-friendly alternative to wrapping paper known as Furoshiki, the art of wrapping and carrying items in square pieces of cloth. If I bought a few squares this year and wrapped presents in them, our gift-receivers could save them and use them for next year. There are a few websites around that detail the art of Furoshiki such as this one: Japanese Gift-Wapping and Furoshiki


In fact the Ministry of the Environment for Japan released thie below guide to Furoshiki on their website .


Total cost so far $12.50.

No comments:

Post a Comment