Saturday, November 27, 2010

Snowflake star

I made a snowflake star for the top of our tree based on one that I saw in Big W for $14.00. I've made my star with copper wire strands that came from a battery terminal cable from a car thanks to my father-in-law John who loves making scenery from odds and ends for his model railway.


After shaping the star I painted it with a white acrylic paint which turned out to be a mistake though! It never really dried properly and has a green tinge to it! I have some enamel paint however and its just a matter of picking a day in which it doesn't rain so I can hang it up outside and paint it again. After the paint has been sorted I'll glue silver glitter all over and then thread on some plastic crystal beads that I picked up from a discount shop for $2.50 (the glitter was $2.00 for 4 'shakers' in 4 different colours). So the overall effect should be a very sparkly, snowflake.. I hope :)

Total cost so far $9.50

PS Apologies for the photo quality. Taken with an iphone and an unskilled photographer.. :P

No comments:

Post a Comment