Saturday, November 27, 2010

Snowmen

I really wanted to make some hand sewm decorations this year but I wasn't sure if I'd have the time. Luckily Dad and Myrna came over last night and I was able to recruit Myrna into knocking together one of these little guys with me from scraps that I forgot that I had because they were stuffed into my wool storage container. They're made from a fuzzy almost terry towelling, stretchy fabric with foam shapes for eyes and nose. We embroidered their little smiles on but you can hardly see them and the hats are black felt scraps from a velcro-dots-on the-back-of-the-remotes-to-a-felt-cushion idea I had to keep our remotes together when we watch tv in bed. The scarves are cut from an old Christmas napkin that I picked up at an op shop for a dollar ($1.00).



I love the way that they are mirror images of each other.. We had a lot of fun making these while we watched The Mask.

Total cost so far $10.50
Total cuteness factor 10 ++

No comments:

Post a Comment