Saturday, November 27, 2010

Let it snow!

One of my favourite things about Christmas are Christmas movies. I particularly love 'Elf' with Will Farrel.


This movie just cracks me up every time and I think that I am just as excitable as the character is about Christmas, especially the decorating. He makes loads of decorations out of paper,  paper snowflakes, and chains etc.. lego, pillow stuffing, plastic forks and anything else he can get his hands on.

I wanted to recreate the snow look that he has used around the Gimbels store, you might be able to see a bit of it in this screenshot that I found on a cool website: Decorating Ideas from our Favourite Christmas Movies click here for the link.

I'm making my 'snow' out of an old cushion (free), and threading it together with cotton to make a garland so it'll be easy to move around and stay together. I think I'll use it as a table or shelf runner and will probably start to look right once I place some ornaments around it.

Here's one I made earlier..



No comments:

Post a Comment